Monday, September 13, 2010

Bucket List: Surfing and Black Eye

I've always wanted to try surfing and, at one point in life, I wanted to have a black eye (I think this was almost accomplished once with Katie Blair).  After renting gear from Lonesome George Adventure - these wishes were accomplished when we returned to Tortuga Bay for a surfing lesson with our relaxed Ecuadorian guide.  At the end of a the morning lesson Matt was giving me some pointers, a good wave came, I went with it and so did Matt's unattended board - right into my left eye and arm.

Other than the eye blip - the surfing experience was great, Matt really took to it and is now looking forward to Mancora, Peru to catch some more waves.  The novelty of a black eye wore off quick, we continue to endure awkward battered wife comments when we break into conversation with each of our new acquaintances. They are never confident my surfing black eye is legit.  If the suspicion continues and they don't buy the story, I finally cave and let them know about my wildly successful UFC career.







1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING this guys!! Keep it up!! The pics are amazing. Anna lee I am so proud of your black eye and it looks like you were sportin it like a champ! I love the little blurbs from Matt too :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete